Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Can you please stop bursting my bubble?

No. No. NO. no. No. nO. NOOOOO!!!

Why is it that the word "no" comes up so much in the English language? You may also know it as "impossible", "Not a chance", or "keep dreaming". All these variations of "no" come up constantly within a day's time, even in an hour, but why?

When I was younger, I was full of aspirations and I tended to share my dreams with my mother. Of course I got the smile and the "keep dreaming" or some other remark with the indication that it would never happen. My dream was apparently unobtainable. I never understood why she kept shooting down all my ideas, but maybe it was to protect me?

Who gave YOU the power to shut down MY ideas? Yeah, maybe I said I wanted to grow wings one day and fly around the world, which I wouldn't, but still why is it that you put on this face like I'm either nuts or telling a joke? For some unexplainable reason we tend to shut down each other's ideas.

Stop hindering my greatness! I bet when Ben Franklin said "hey, I'm going to stick this kite in the air and discover electricity" I bet someone laughed at him, but then he didn't it. Yeah, take that you jerk! I guess we can view other people's doubt as motivation to do better, or to actually achieve the task. In that case, keep doubting me so I achieve all I want.

Thanks Mom for doubting me!

No comments:

Post a Comment